Project Title: Java Developer-Web Services
5 years. Contract awarded July 2017.
Public Trust. Must be willing to pass company background check.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS,or a related field.
Expansion of HSES for the Office of Head Start.
The Head Start Enterprise System (HSES)is the primary data management system of the Office of Head Start (OHS). Operation of the HSES includes rapid deployment and delivery, program operations, enterprise architecture, data quality, and a host of technical support services. The project's purpose is to continuously improve management and oversight of grantee organizations and program operations at the local, state, regional, and national levels through growth and enhancements in the HSES system.
The successful candidate must:
Nice to Haves:
- be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship, both now and in the future;
- have at least 2 years’ experience in Java/JEE and web integration technologies in an Agile environment:
- experience with Java (1.7/1.8);
- experience with Spring;
- experience with Maven;
- experience with Unix Shell Scripting; and
- experience with web services, SOA, XML and XML schema;
- have an understanding of security cryptograph standards;
- have 1 year or more of experience working on CI/CD/DevOps technologies in a continuous integration environment (e.g., Jenkins); and
- have strong English written and verbal communication skills.
Apply for Java Developer-Web Services position
- The successful candidate will provide hands-on expertise performing:
- Web Services development (REST and/or SOAP based) and Web Service Security;
- Core Java, multi-threading;
- Java and J2EE development;
- XML, JSON, XSLT, XML Schema, JAX-WS, and JAX-RS development; and
- Test Driven development (JUnit, Jmockit or Mockito).
- The successful candidate:
- will develop APIs and reusable components utilizing Java/JEE technologies on a large-scale,
complex-enterprise application platform;
- must understand business requirements and translate them into design and code;
- will work with architects, QA and business analysts;
- will participate in release deployment, troubleshooting, and triage; and
- will write technical design and implementation, and documentation for unit test cases.