Project Title: Java Developer
5 years. Contract awarded July 2017.
Public Trust. Must be willing to pass company background check.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS,or a related field.
Expansion of HSES for the Office of Head Start.
The Head Start Enterprise System (HSES)is the primary data management system of the Office of Head Start (OHS). Operation of the HSES includes rapid deployment and delivery, program operations, enterprise architecture, data quality, and a host of technical support services. The project's purpose is to continuously improve management and oversight of grantee organizations and program operations at the local, state, regional, and national levels through growth and enhancements in the HSES system.
The successful candidate must:
- be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship, both now and in the future;
- have 2+ years of experience designing and developing in JAVA;
- have 2+ years of development experience using J2EE, Servlets, Wicket, HTML, Hibernate, Spring, JDBC, SQL, and Subversion;
- be proficient in JAVA 1.7/1.8;
- be proficient writing Unix shell scripts;
- be proficient with Spring Framework;
- be proficient with Maven;
- be proficient with SVN;
- have hands-on background in XML, JSON, XSLT, XML Schema, JAX-WS, and JAX-RS;
- have extensive hands-on development experience with core technologies (e.g., XML);
- have strong understanding of customer’s requirements and experience delivering rapid prototypes; and
- have strong English written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on expertise:
Apply for Java Developer position
- performing strong object-oriented design;
- implementing solutions using Java, J2EE, Wicket (or equivalent such as JSF or Swings), Spring, and Hibernate;
- applying technical expertise in Web services (SOAP & REST);
- creating technical designs using J2EE design patterns;
- working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL;
- utilizing Waterfall & Agile methodologies and managing product backlogs and delivering short sprints;
- working with Test Driven Development (JUnit, Jmockit or Mockito); and
- Functioning in a Continuous Integration Environment (e.g., Jenkins).