Project Title: Data Research Analyst
Full-time, On-Site at Arlington Va.
Project Description: Expansion of HSES for the Office of Head Start.
Eagle Technologies, Inc., has been awarded a multi-year contract to provide services under the auspices of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration/Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality to operate the BHSIS. These services include collecting, managing, and analyzing the data that comprise five (5) BHSIS components and to improve the quality of BHSIS data. BHSIS consists of five (5) inter-related components: (1) the Inventory of Behavioral Health Services (I-BHS); (2) the substance abuse treatment facility survey called the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS); (3) the mental health treatment facility survey called the National Mental Health Services Survey (N-MHSS); (4) the Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), a collection of substance abuse treatment admissions and discharges to state-funded substance abuse treatment facilities, and (5) the Mental Health-Treatment Episode Data Set (MH-TEDS) and the Mental Health-Client Level Data (MH-CLD), collections of mental health client level data from state-funded mental health treatment service facilities, as well as the Uniform Reporting System (URS) Tables required for Mental Health Block Grant application procedures.
The Data/Research Analyst position requires the analysis of large substance abuse and mental health datasets. The successful candidate must have a strong background in statistical methodology, survey research, and data analysis, preferably in Public Health to include substance abuse and/or mental health, as well as experience using statistical analysis software (preferably SAS, SPSS and/or R). Candidate must have strong writing skills, and able to effectively present data to be viewed by various consumers to include Health and Human Services, Academia, and the general public. The position will require the production of analytic/public use files and data reports as well as designing and fulfilling ad hoc data requests.
This individual will work with other data analyst to create on-line data visualization tools from substance abuse and/or mental health datasets that are interactive and meaningful. The candidate will be required to review and analyze data and make recommendations as to the type of on-line tools most appropriate for data presentation. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable and experience with on-line business intelligence tools (BI) and have proven experience in the development of on-line visualization products. Experience in data mining techniques to create on-line reports, dashboards and other visualization tools to display and represent data trends and patterns are required.
- Produce data reports and analytic/public use files
- Work with clients on solving data issues
- When requested, plan and direct research studies on substance abuse and/or mental health datasets
- Use SAS and/or other statistical software to produce excel tables and respond to ad hoc data requests
- Develop process to de-identify and provide data confidentiality
- Master’s degree/PhD in statistics, demography, epidemiology, survey research, Sociology, Public Health
- 8-10 years of professional experience
- Strong SAS base and Advanced SAS programming skills
- Extensive Excel experience
- Extensive experience in coding and recoding large data sets
- Attention to detail
- Deductive/analytic reasoning
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Ability to create data products for presentation
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to clearly express ideas orally and in writing
As a full-time employee of Eagle Technologies, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes major medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability insurance. Benefits also include paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), and a company-sponsored 401(k) plan.
Apply for Data Research Analyst position
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.